Openings | Jobs | Paper Routes
We are always interested in meeting creative, interested people to work with whether in a traditional employer-employee relationship or as something more fluid and collaborative.
Marketing / Social Media Assistant (Casual)
Bevans Marketing is on the look-out for an interested and energetic marketing assistant for a minimum of 8 hours per week.
The role would suit someone that is looking to build their professional experience but maybe isn’t ready for the world of full-time work - just yet.
Maybe you are already managing a social media account for your employer or some local businesses, or maybe you have a keen eye for taking a photo or video - whatever your strength is we’d love to help you expand your marketing interests into new territories, one action-packed day at a time.
We are conscious that a lot of junior marketing positions ask the impossible of candidates - someone who can do everything exceptionally in a slither of the time. While this role has a diverse set of responsibilities, we are not asking candidates to be master and commander of them all. A well-organised, creative thinker who likes to learn and always improves is what we want. We can help you figure out the rest.
Tasks and tools of the job
- Social media. Know your way around an instant gram? Cool. Linked it In once or twice in your time? Even better. Set up and run ads through Facebook Business? Say no more.
- Mailchimp. Know how to put together a newsletter? Perfect.
- Google is a big word, but if you have a handle on the essentials like My Business, some exposure to ads and how SEO works then you may be who we are searching for.
- Admin. Know the difference between the G-Suite and the G-Spot? Good, because we’d prefer not to explain either of them to you. Also, grammer and punctuation are non-negoshibbel, we don’t mind the odd mistake as long as it really is odd and not the ordinary.
Finally, we feel it is important to note that a growth mindset is a big plus and if you can demonstrate your ability and energy to learn and grow then we are keen to talk.
The right candidate probably:
- Loves to learn. Either through traditional or non-traditional routes, you are always keen to better yourself and learn more.
- Likes to get things done. You love the feeling of ticking or crossing an item off your to-do list.
- You are an avid consumer of content and you have a bit of an opinion on whatever you are reading, watching or listening to and why it is interesting, or isn’t.
- You’re reliable. If we begin a working relationship, we want to be able to rely on you. We are super flexible, as long as we know what is going on and whatever needs to get done, gets done.
What’s in it for you?
We’ll probably pay you more than the local cafe does, and you can work from anywhere. You can do all your hours in one day, or you can spread them out over the week. You'll have the opportunity to find your feet and voice in a business of like-minded and creative people. And, we'll always buy the coffees. Always.
Who is Bevans?
Bevans Marketing is a compact marketing agency based in Wollongong. We are a creative and ambitious agency that appreciates long-term partnerships with our clients and our employees. We like to think differently yet practically and believe that lots of little steps make the marathon. And, as you might be able to tell by this job description, we think work should be fun (or at least funny).
Who to contact?
Send an email with a paragraph or two about yourself and your resume / website / portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org